Saturday, June 11, 2011

Neighborhood Sightings

All in one outing, at several locations, within a few miles of home I was fortunate enough to be enlightened by all what you see here. I also had a first time encounter with an Eastern Kingbird, very cool. The orioles were elusive and skidish, I tried my best. The Boat-tail Grackle showed up for a quick pic. I was scolded by a Red-winged Blackbird, his mate held her place. As I was heading to one of my destinations I saw a lone whitetail deer, alone and wondering. The Eastern Bluebird was busy feeding her youngsters. A bee was close by as I was taking photos of the Canada Geese out in the cut field of grass picking up their nourishment for the day. The Song Sparrow was announcing himself to all in the area. The Morning Dove showed up long enough for a quick photo. A Ceder Waxwing surprised me by stopping long enough for me to get a couple photos. I couldn't pass up the lilies and was treated with a painted turtle poking it's head above the water. I must say I didn't see him until I worked up the photo. Shortly after that I was visited by a couple of Goldfinches. Not all days are as fruitful as this, but I sure do enjoy when it is. Please enjoy.

Eastern Kingbird

You have got to be kidding...

A little better...
They gave me what they could... NOT
Boat-tail Grackle
Red-winged Blackbird
Red-winged Blackbird - fm
Whitetail deer
Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Bluebird getting ready to feed her young
Eastern Bluebird feeding her young
I Bee Busy

Just Beecause
Grazing Geese
Song Sparrow
Mourning Dove
Ceder Waxwing
Ceder Waxwing
Lilies
Lily n Turtle (painted)
Goldfinch pair
Goldfinch






1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

you got a plethora of shots!!! LOVE the doe one. so picturesque with the colors of the field. LOVE the lilies too! all of them are wonderful - even the stinkin' orioles! :)