Friday, August 23, 2013

A Potpourri of Critters...

A Bee posed for me while it danced atop a Black-eyed Susan. A Black Snake showed himself and allowed a few photos. An Eastern Bluebird feeding a youngster. A couple moths and butterflies. A Cabbage Moth, Spotted Skipper, a Spice-bush Swallowtail an Eastern Swallowtail and a Praying Mantis. All followed by a Song Sparrow.

A Bee atop a black-eyed susan...






A Black Snake...





An Eastern Bluebird...

An Eastern Bluebird feeding her young...
A Cabbage Moth...

An Eastern Swallowtail...

Praying Mantis...

Spice-bush Swallowtail... 

A Spotted Skipper...
A Song Sparrow...


7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the bee almost looks translucent on that flower! :) perfectly color coordinated. LOVE the gorgeous black snake!!!

Bob Bushell said...

The Black Snake is my fave, beautiful. Your photography is getting better, thanks Larry.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Larry, I really love this collection of photos! You've captured the beauty of every creature, 'great and small!'

grammie g said...

Hi Larry... Very lovely set of nature beauty, for me you could have left out the snake,yikes I don't do snakes!! Next time put out a warning at the beginning of the post! haha
Love the bee on the flower! His butt yellow goes very nice with the color of the flower!! : }

Grace

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

Julie G. said...

Wow, I am in awe of the Black Snake photographs, Larry! You presented a great variety of nature images in this post. Lovely, as always!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Larry! I was just going through my blog-list and saw yours, and thought I'd stop by--That photo of the snake still makes me hold my breath, it's amazing!

I hope you're doing well and enjoying the fall weather!! Take care!