Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Caspian Tern, Canada Goose and Wild Turkey...

The Caspian Turn, as large as a big gull, is the largest tern in the world. It's large coral red bill makes it one of the most easily identified terns throughout its worldwide range. A first for me.This sighting happened at one of my favorite haunts, The Lilypon Water Gardens. It's always a thrill to see and photograph something new. Again you will see a Canadian Goose coming in for a landing. I can't help it, I think in flight photos are a lot of fun when you catch them right. The Wild Turkeys were literally taking a walk in the park, the Monocacy Battlefield Park.


Here we have a Caspian Turn (center) Canada Goose (left) and a Great Blue Heron (right)...

Caspian Turn...










A Canada Goose coming in for a landing...








Touchdown...
Wild Turkeys... 
















2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sharp-looking tern! love the goose touch-down!!!

Linda said...

Gorgeous photos! I see Canada geese quite a bit (here in Montreal), but I have yet to capture one in flight. Love the flight photos especially!