Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Fox Squirrel, Whitetail Deer and a Red-shouldered Hawk

I'm afraid the Fox Squirrel saw me first. I only got a couple quick snaps. The Whitetails in these photos not so much different than what you have seen here before. The interesting thing is that it was the first week of March and the buck is chasing a doe in heat. This kind of activity usually takes place in October and November. Later I was sitting in my truck, using my binoculars to scan across a pond and into the woods. I saw nothing, no ducks or birds of any kind. As I was rustling around and about ready to exit my truck I looked out my window and into the tree right next to me and saw a very cooperative Red-shouldered Hawk. 

A Fox Squirrel caught sight of me and quickly decided to exit... 

Fox Squirrel
A Whitetail buck in pursuit of a doe... 



Wheeu...

This better be worth it...

A Red-shouldered Hawk...








   

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the deer! beautiful red-shoulder, too!

Tammy said...

Great shots, Larry! Red-shouldered Hawks are beautiful!!

Bob Bushell said...

You're good, the Red-shoulder Hawk is brilliant, nice one Larry.