Saturday, October 27, 2012

Goldfinch, Downy Woodpecker, Red-winged Blackbird (fm), Carolina Wren, Nuthatch, Northern Mocking Bird and an Orange-crowned Warbler...

Here are some of our local fall feathered friends. The Orange-crowned Warbler is a first for me.

Goldfinch (fall/winter plumage)...

Goldfinch...

Orange-crowned Warbler...

Orange-crowned Warbler...

Red-winged Blackbird (fm)...


Downy Woodpecker...


Great Blue Heron...

White-throat Sparrow...

White-throat Sparrow...

Fall foliage...

Nuthatch...

Black-capped Chick-a-Dee...
Northern Mocking Bird...

Northern Mocking Bird...

Carolina Wren...
Carolina Wren...
 

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

some great portraits of these lovelies! the female blackbird makes a great fall photo. that carolina wren is adorable. the warbler is beautiful. well, all of them!

Bob Bushell (Male, I think) said...

Perfect shooting Larry, the Northern Mocking Bird is my favourite.

Jann said...

Congrats on the orange-crowned warbler! I esp love that final shot of the C. wren. :o)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Larry, going through this series of pictures I think that the one I'm looking at is my favorite until I see the next one--Again, you've taken some amazing photos!

Julie G. said...

Wow, fabulous photographs, Larry! I especially love the Northern Mockingbird and Carolina Wren images, but they all are superb. You certainly are seeing some beautiful birds in your area!

Special -T said...

The Orange-crowned Warbler is actually a Palm Warbler. Nice shot of it.

Special -T said...

The Orange-crowned Warbler is actually a Palm Warbler. Nice shot of it.