Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"LilyPons" Fauna and Frogs...

One of my most favorite local retreats is the 250-acre tract of land that is the Lilypons Water Gardens. The name comes from the first land owner's favorite operatic diva, Lily Pons. Many of my photos have come from this place, all that you see here are small sample.

Here a Frog waits for his lunch...

Once upon a lily pad...

           These vine like water plants stretched out across the top of water and along with the reflection of the sky provided an interesting photo...

Another frog and lily...

Caught between two lilies...

Smile...

Ribbit...

Green and green...

This lotus lily leaf, its about two feet across...

Not sure of plant id, but there is a butterfly in there. Do you see it?

This is a lotus seed pod...

Little water jewels...

Leaves and pods of the water lotus...
Thanks for stopping by...
 

6 comments:

Shauna said...

I LOVE your frog pictures. Amazing.

TexWisGirl said...

those frogs are just stinking adorable. :)

Sharon M said...

I wish I saw more frogs around where I am. The lotus pod is really cool. Looks like something from outer space.

Tammy said...

Great photos Larry! I especially enjoyed the frog & gorgeous pink lily combo photos! Awesome! I have never seen pink lilies, but they are lovely.

Bob Bushell said...

They are tremendous photography, I love 'em, especially "Ribbit", he's with it.

Julie G. said...

A most delightful post, Larry! I can see why you take a lot of photographs there. I adore all of your frog/lily pad images. They brought a big smile to my face. Superb photography!