Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Local Feathers...

I have to say the Northern Cardinals and the Starling were photographed from inside the house. I was sitting at my computer and happened to look out the window at my feeders and saw a host of Cardinals, I had to take a photo. Later that same day I sat down to read the local paper. I heard a commotion outside the front door and noticed the Starlings, they were stealing cat food. I thought I would try a couple photos through the window. The Downy Woodpecker and the Tufted Titmouse paid a visit as I was prepping the grill for a BBQ. The Red-shouldered Hawks made themselves available while I was on my morning walk. 

Five male Northern Cardinals and friends pick and scratch for their lunch...

Northern Cardinals (m and fm) sparrows and others...
Here you see a cat food thieving Starling...

He is not as innocent as he appears...
A Downy Woodpecker eyes me as he skitters around the tree...
Tufted Titmouse stares... Are you getting sleepy...

Checking out the dining possibilities...
A pair of Red-shouldered Hawks...
Red-shouldered Hawk...
Red-shouldered Hawk takes flight...































































































































































































































































































































7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, to catch 2 red-shoulders that close together is fantastic!!! and all your images are beautiful. your starling shots are gorgeous! :)

Shaun said...

Excellent images Larry, i especially like that red shouldered hawk in flight. You did really well to catch that one.
And those cardinals are to die for, such awesome birds.
Shaun

Samantha said...

WOW on the red-shouldered hawks!!!
Loved the titmouse photos, too

Julie G. said...

Larry, capturing two Red-tailed Hawks in one frame is awesome! The in-flight image is fabulous, as well. Love the beautiful bright red male cardinals and their lovely mates. You've got quite a crew visiting your backyard. Cute dollop of titmouse. All of your photographs are wonderful! It's always a pleasure to stop by your blog.

Larry Ostby said...

Theresa, Shaun, Samantha and Julie, thank you so much. Often times it's fortunate to be a bit lucky. The single hawk is also the one in flight.

Bob Bushell said...

The Hawk in flight is the winner I think, and the rest of them, serious photos.

Larry Ostby said...

Thank you Bob.