Monday, January 16, 2012

Red-shouldered Hawk...

This first shot of a young Whitetail made me smile. I'm sure he thought I couldn't see him. He was only twenty feet away. I don't think he was so sure what to do next.  He did what they all do, bounded away with its tail in the air.  I then had the fortunate morning experience of having a Red-shouldered Hawk give me a bit of his time. His perch offered me a good photo opportunity.

You can't see me...

Red-shouldered Hawk...

Red-shouldered Hawk...

Here's lookin' at ya... Red-shouldered Hawk...

Red-shouldered Hawk...
 

7 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Larry...haha that deer has the deer in the headlights look lol
That is a good one perfect!!
The Hawk is gorgeous ...I need a new camera..and lens!! lol
Grace

TexWisGirl said...

great shots, larry! love the eyelashes on that deer!

Lois Evensen said...

Great images, both the deer and hawk. Love that "I'm hiding" look on the deer. ;)

Kjell T. Evensen said...

Can you see me now? That is the image of the month. Also, your Hawk images are awesome.

Julie G. said...

Fantastic captures, Larry! I love the sweet face of the deer. However were you able to get so close to the hawk? Awesome photographs! Such a striking bird.

Bob Bushell said...

Brilliant photography.

Larry Ostby said...

Grace, Theresa, Lois, Kjell, Julie and Bob, Thank You.
Both subjects came to me, as luck would have it I was at the right place at the right time.