Tuesday, October 14, 2014

American Woodcock and a Whitetail Doe...

Well... My first American Woodcock. I must say the little bugger was not very co-operative. I was however thrilled to see him and get a couple pics. Then on an an overcast early evening a young Whitetail Doe allowed a few photos.

Here we have an American Woodcock giving me the left eye...

And here we have an American Woodcock giving me the right eye...

Here we have an American Woodcock profile...

A young Whitetail Doe...



Hey... Watch what I can do...
Swish my tail this way...

Then swish my tail that way...

And back again...

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sweet and beautiful doe! congrats on the woodcock, too!

Bob Bushell said...

Excellent photos. The Woodcock is special.

Julie G. said...

Larry, congratulations on the Woodcock sighting. Have yet to see one, so it is especially nice to view your photographs. Love the pretty doe, too. They really are such lovely creatures. Wonderful images, as always!