Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pine Warbler...Chickadee...White-breasted Nuthatch...Downy Woodpecker...Oh, and Some Whitetail

I do need to spend more time in my own back yard. I walked down the driveway to pick up the mail and on my return I was listening to a Pileated woodpecker and thinking; please let me get my camera. Got the camera and could still hear the Pileated woodpecker, never did see him. My day will come, he and I will meet. Anyway, as I search the surroundings around me I noticed activity in all directions. Each of these birds were within fifty yards of my front door. It was an entertaining hour. The deer were all at a near by National Park a day earlier.

A real contortionist, a Black-capped Chickadee...
A White-breasted Nuthatch...
Here is a he and she Downy Woodpecker...
Hiding in the bush, a Pine Warbler...
Pine Warbler...
Pine Warbler with lunch...
One with and one without...

Three Whitetail...
Oh oh, he's lookin' at me...

I'm out of here...

Going going gone

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful. the birds are lovely, but because i don't get to see deer here, i love seeing them in your photos!

grammie g said...

HI Larry...Wow you sure get to see a lot of deer ..they are real beauties...I only see where they have been on my property.
This past week they have been eating the bottom leaves of all the morning glory plants...crazy buggers!! ; } lol
Very nice birds..I like them all, but favor the Chickadee!!

Grace

Samantha said...

Great shots of the pine warbler!

Larry Ostby said...

Thanks T. There will be more deer to come. Tis the season.

Thank you Grace. There is actually a deer population problem in many of the Maryland counties. Lots of car deer encounters, not good.

Thanks Sam, don't see them often. Got lucky on this day. :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Larry!! Your post is a reminder that we don't always have to drive somewhere to get great photos!

Larry Ostby said...

Hey Kim, thanks and you are so right :)

Julie G. said...

So many beautiful sights to see on and near your property! Terrific images of the Pine Warbler and gorgeous deer. Love the Downy Woodpecker couple. All of your photographs are wonderful! Viewing them makes me want to venture outside and look up in the trees to see what I can see. Great post, Larry!

Larry Ostby said...

Thank you Julie, the Pine Warbler was a pleasant suprise.